I consider Seth Godin, to be one of the world’s best marketer’s. So, I thought I’d share a few quotes of his that I personally can relate to about marketing your business.
Quotes from Seth Godin…
- Marketing is a contest for people’s attention.
- Fitting in is a failure. Not standing out is the same as being invisible.
- Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.
- The largest enemy of change isn’t ‘no’, it’s ‘not yet’ – that is the easiest way to forestall change.
- Don’t try to be the ‘next’. Instead, try to be the other, the changer, the new.
- Good marketers realize marketing is not an expense, but an investment.
- Selling to people who actually want to hear from you is more effective than interrupting some.
- Customers care about the price only when they have nothing else to care about.
- The scalable, profitable strategy is to change the game, not to become the most average.
- Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.
- It’s easier to love a brand when the brand loves you back.
- People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.